Solved

Retrieve Groups results in 403

• 6 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

In a NWC Workflow, I am using the "Get members of a SharePoint group" action.

My selected Connection is a "SharePoint Online: List and libraries connection" and I am a site collection administrator and member of the owner group of the chosen site. The connection has been established with the same user.

If I click on "Retrieve groups", I get an 403

26009i276346BF8DE6A26F.png

What could cause such an permission issue?

icon

Best answer by RonLevy 6 September 2022, 17:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Sorry, I am answering my own question.

As per definition, we must use connection type "SharePoint Online: Site administration" to operate on groups.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @RonLevy 

I haven't tested this but if you had to change from sharepoint online lists and libraries authentication method to site administration then the Nintex documentation is incorrect for this action.

SharePoint Online - Get members of a SharePoint group (nintex.com)

The details on that page state lists and libraries authentication method is required.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Gavin-Adams,

as the action "Get members of a SharePoint group" is not listed here this leads me to the assumption, that I would need site administration. I will test it today and come back.

Thx

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I already have a connect type of "Site Collection Admin" setup, however it's not letting me choose that connection type in the workflow action properties.

This workflow action seems buggy.

Badge

As @jeffoliver1000 mentioned, “List and libraries” connection type is the only option in this action, but this connection type does not allow the group to be queried. 

It works when using a global admin account in a “List and libraries” connection type but I don’t think this expected behaviour.