Here is the simulation case
1) We have a SharePoint Online List. Let's say "Membership"
2) And we provide 3 columns : Name, Email, Phone
3) Create Submission Form using Nintex Workflow Cloud with 3 fields (Name, Email, Phone)
4) For example, we entry the name with "Kenny", email with "KennyCassandra@outlook.com", Phone with "+628123456789"
And the data will be stored in SharePoint Online List "Membership"
The question is..
Is it possible to prevent another same input data?
If there's any user that input "KennyCassandra@outlook.com", the system will give a validation message.
Thanks in advance!
You need to
1) use query list action to store all values of the field (e.g Name) in a collection variable
2) use 'for each' get value of each item in collection
3) use condition to match with start form variable (name)
4) If there is a result match at any value, terminate the workflow
5) Else let workflow to continue to the create item
It will be easy if you use one column as a key and validate against it, if you need to validate for all columns you need to repeat above process for each column.
I hope this helps
Thank you Ashish for your response.
If we do it in Workflows, of course possible.
But our client wants the validation get worked inside the Form.