Question

Microsoft Exchange Online - Password Change

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We changed the password of the service account we’re using to capture emails for workflows with a Microsoft Exchange Online receive email start event.

I was surprised to find out that not only did we need to update the Exchange Online connector with the new password, but we also had to republish the unchanged workflows.

Is there something I’m missing? I have never had to do anything like this with SharePoint connectors. I didn’t even have to update the SharePoint connector when the user’s password changed.

Is there something I can do so I don’t have to go through those steps every 3 months when we change the service account user’s password?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Michele, 

from my understanding, changing a password should not affect the workflow, that you need the republish the workflow.

But to make it clear, the behavior only appears with exchange connector, correct?

Regrads

Sven

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply!

Correct. The issue only happened with the Microsoft Exchange Online connector. 

I don’t ever have to republish a workflow when a password changes for SharePoint Online connectors. And I never have to reestabilsh the SharePoint Online connector by entering in the new password the way I had to do that with the Microsoft Exchange Online connector.

Michele

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Michele, 

ok let me test it, i will come back with some news asap.

Sven

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Michele, 

sorry for the late response, I checked the behavior on our test environments and I couldn’t reproduce this problem.

Can you please open a support ticket for this, thank you very much.

Regards

Sven