Solved

How to send an email to an outside domain

• 17 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

I am attempting to build a workflow based off of a SharePoint Online list. The list should be set up to take email addresses outside our domain and the workflow should send to those emails. I am guessing that the best way to do this would be with a repeating section, but I really have no clue. The workflow as it currently is works to send to domain email addresses just fine, I just want to be able to copy outside people. Can someone point me in the right direction?

icon

Best answer by brandiwoodson 17 March 2023, 18:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Just do a loop for each action on the repeating section and add a send an email action in the loop for each email address.

Or if one email to everyone is required add a text stringaction in the loop (add semicolon seperating each email address) with output pointing to text variable then add a send an email action after the loop action and plug text variable into the recipients configuration field.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@brandiwoodson is basically right. That's how to do it. I have no hindrance in sending to either internal or external email addresses. You'll have to check some other settings I guess. Make sure your recipients can receive email from nintex@workflowcloud.com or - if you use e.g. the EU data center - nintex@eu.worflowcloud.com .

But since you ask something “to get started”, here is the example.

The form is a simple repeating section
The entire workflow is no more than loop for each action

Here is the import key for this little workflow: jtZ4G1ccgToXobKPqgDTQEii2GSq6VsTscQJdsXfTGq2AWLCL

name is Test WT 17-3

Hope it helps.

Badge +10

That worked! Thank you both so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @aak1 

Both @brandiwoodson and @WouterT are right and have answered your question. 

Here is another possible solution If you just wanted to build a single string where you append each email address using just the FORM.

The Email is generated in the Form Rule

Check whether there is any value(s) in the “RS Email” Repeating Section

- Assign the “Email List” field the value of the [RS Email].[Email Address] collection.

- Use the convertToString function to convert the collection type into a string type

- Use the replace function to replace the collection separator comma “,” into a semicolon “;

The JSON form is attached.