Execute a SQL Stored Procedure action from Azure SQL group is not returning Output parameter

Badge +5

I have a Azure SQL connection.  On the database I have a basic stored procedure that takes one parameter and returns the Output parameter:

Alter PROCEDURE [BATCH].[FormType]
(
@Type varchar(10),
@Description nvarchar(250) OUTPUT
)

When I execute the SP locally on SQL, I can see the value of @Description.

Now, I am trying to create an Execute a SQL Stored Procedure action in NWC Workflow, but the Output value is coming back empty.  When I write a Select statement in the SP, I can see the results in the Output Object.  Is there a way to get the value of the Output parameter?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

According to the documentation, only one column of data can be retrieved. Furthermore, using 'AS JSON' could allow you to pack more into that one column. 

Executes a command string or character string within a Transact-SQL batch, or one of the following modules: system stored procedure, user-defined stored procedure, CLR stored procedure, scalar-valued user-defined function, or extended stored procedure. The EXECUTE statement can be used to send pass-through commands to linked servers. Additionally, the context in which a string or command is executed can be explicitly set. Metadata for the result set can be defined by using the WITH RESULT SETS options.

Badge +5
It looks like the first sentence is cut off. I don't quite understand the suggestion.