Call a SharePoint web service POST : 400

• 25 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone,

My call sharepoint web service action is returning a 400 error code but my request seems to be totaly fine :

26899i8D5E33E08F3342BE.png

Is there any mistake in my request headers ?

Thank u in advance !

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @grt_fi,

I would suggest removing all the double quote as shown below. 

Hope that helps. ^^

That didn't work too 😕

Is my request content missing something ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @grt_fi,

The payload will depend on the REST API request. What is the SharePoint REST API you're calling?

As an example:

In my example I call the SharePoint REST API to update an item and specifically the Content type. 

You will find the details you need on the Microsoft documentation: Get to know the SharePoint REST service | Microsoft Learn. Which one are you calling? 

Hope that helps. ^^

In my case, I am calling a sharepoint web service to update an item of type file that is stored inside a document set and here is the URI I am using :

The same URI is working fine with a GET call this is very strange.... Does the POST call fail because of the URI ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey @grt_fi,

Yes, the URI is not valid, and the headers has to be changed a bit for the REST API you're calling as documented.

It works following the REST API documentation. If you update a file that exists, you need to do a POST request with the X-HTTP-Method "PUT"

The configuration in Nintex Automation Cloud :

Note: You have to use a relative URL of the file.

The file has been updated.

You're updating a JSON content. 😉 

If you want to update the properties of the item associated to the file, follow the documentation. The REST API call is different as mentioned in the documentation.

Hope that helps. ^^