April 2023 - Release 2

• 12 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

April 2023 - Release 2

New Workflow features

• User Management APIs: We are introducing new public APIs for managing users and groups within your tenant. With these APIs, users and groups can be retrieved, created, updated, and deleted. For more information on the available endpoints, see our Developer help.

• Data sources:

• SharePoint Online: Query user profile and Get members of a SharePoint group operations are now available. For more information, see the SharePoint Online help topic.

• Azure Active Directory: Get manager details and Get members of an Azure Active Directory group operations are now available. For more information, see the Azure Active Directory help topic.

New Forms features

• People control: The People control is now supported in Nintex Mobile version 10 and above. For more information, see the People control help topic.

• Convert Object to String: The convertToString function in the Form Variables panel now supports converting an Object, in addition to other data types, to a String. For more information, see the convertToString help topic.

Ok we tested data sources and here are our findings: 

• Data sources for Sharepoint
    • Query user profile: not yet tested
    • Get members of a sharepoint group: Not all groups show unless available on site level permissions. We have groups that are created for purposes of automation with users but we don’t necessarily put the groups on the site level, only the object (list or library of list item/file) as needed.
      • Cannot manually enter group name while configuring data source.
      • Cannot manually enter group name or pass a variable to condition when creating external data source on start event form.

Results: Lacking functionality for SharePoint groups that exist but not available to select. 

• Data Sources for Azure Active Directory
    • Get manager details: not yet tested
    • Get members of an azure active directory group: not all AD groups.
      • Cannot manually enter group name while configuring data source.
      • Cannot manually enter group name or pass a variable to condition when creating external data source on start event form.

Results: Lacking functionality for AD groups that exists but are not available to select.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@brandiwoodson Variables should work as an input for both get members data sources, see below. That would be the options for groups that aren’t showing. Let me know if this option isn’t visible or working for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Yes, but you are showing me a data lookup control on a form. I’m referring to just external data when you need to query one item from a data source and then use the collection of information for the form. 

So if I create a data source and leave sharepoint site URL empty and group name, I can. But then we I try to push the information through per start event form (to make this open for anything to avoid multiple data sources), I can’t. 

You can’t pass variables through for a conditions for group name when configuring the external data source on the “external data” section of a start event form. See screenshots below.

If the group name isn’t listed. We have to push the variable that has the group name as text. We can’t without it allowing us to use the variable created in workflow designer…..

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

When you plug a site in, the current user is not grayed out anymore. Other than that, it gives us no other information to push to this condition. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@brandiwoodson Once you have entered the site you should be able to use both form controls and variables for external data as well.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

So variables from workflow designer aren't recognized but form variables are. Got it. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@brandiwoodson No worries, Start forms are one way traffic with workflows, data can be passed to the workflow and not the other way.