Anyway to easily convert an Assign a task to the Assign a task to multiple users workflow block?

• 30 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have an existing workflow with a couple 'Assign a task' workflow blocks that was made before 'Assign a task to multiple users' was an option and more recently, I was trying to figure out if there was any easy way to have the assign a task be sent out to multiple people. The only reason why I wanted to do this was because there would be someone that would be assigned a task but I also want to have someone CC'd to the email for awareness of what's going on in the workflow.

Unfortunately, I tried to make a variable with multiple emails in there separated by ';' but Nintex threw an error so I had to abandon that idea.

Now of course the correct option is to have to use the Assign a task to multiple users but the problem with this is that it will be time consuming to remake this portion of the workflow because I set the task to be form based and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to migrate from Assign a task to Assign a task to multiple users. 

20522iA8111310D8798C6E.png

With that, I am wondering why the developers made the Assign a task for multiple users a separate workflow block and not just integrate it as an option within the Assign a task block? I feel like the two are very similar except for the part that one just allows you to have multiple users assigned to the task and set up how it should react based on who and how many people work on the task.

I also wonder if it would be possible to add some kind of CC or BCC option to Assign a task?

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Anhthu,

We did consider upgrading the existing task action, but unfortunately the underlying structure of the task actions are dramatically different between single-assignee and multiple-assignee.

But some good news - This week, we released a new feature in the Forms designer that will let you export and import a form design. You will still have to copy over the action configuration though.

CC/BCC is an enhancement we have planned, but we have some big task features we need to focus on first.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Kate