cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Submit a Web Request When a User Manually Cancels a Workflow

Hello All,

I have a list Workflow that has two web requests, at the beginning and the end of the workflow. The web requests triggers a flag in an external database. The idea is that when the workflow starts, the flag is set to 'active', and once the workflow is about to end the flag is then set to 'inactive'. I use this flag so that I can notify users in an external application whether there is a workflow currently running. 

The problem is, I've noticed that users sometimes manually cancel workflows when they're no longer relevant to them. This causes the flag to get stuck on 'active' since the end of the workflow is never reached and the last web request never fires.

Is there any way to set an action that can still fire after a workflow has been canceled? Or perhaps have another workflow that monitors the first, and then sends a web request when it sees that it's been canceled? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Submit a Web Request When a User Manually Cancels a Workflow

Hi,

You can create workflow where the status would be actual worklow status equal to cancelled, then this workflow should kick off and set the action to update inactive.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hello,

Thank you for your advice,

I tried what you suggested but I am having trouble checking the status of the first workflow.

I'm using a "Wait for item update" action to check the workflow status column, like this:

check for cancelations.jpgWait for item update.jpg

Unfortunately, this does not work. This new workflow never recognizes that the status of the first is now set to 'Canceled'. Can you see something that I may be missing here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

0 Kudos