cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Form Designer Error after migration

I migrated a site collection from one sharepoint 2013 server to another 2013 server.

After migration, I cannot open the nintex form designer.  The error message is Invalid enum value "String 2" cannot be deserialized into type 'system.web.ui.webcontrols.validationdatatype'. How do I fix the problem. 

It looks I can open the nintex form designer on other lists.  The problem only occurs on one list. Can I delete the existing form and manually import it? Thanks.

Ux3.jpg

Ux5.jpg

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Nintex Form Designer Error after migration

Hi,
Have you tried the following Knowledge Base Article to retore a previous version of the form?
https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/Restore-Deleted-Nintex-For-SharePoint-Form/ta-p/86443
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I suggest you check the Nintex Forms setup.

• do both servers have the same version of Nintex Forms installed?
  • Check if the neccessary controls have been enabled
  • disable and reenable Nintex Forms features.

Does any of this help opening the form designer?

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I restored old version and none of them worked.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Migrate sharepoint from the testing site to the production site.  However the two environments are running the different versions of Nintex.  The testing site is 2.11.0.10 whereas the production is 2.8.1.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I suggest that you perform a Nintex Upgrade so both environments have a matching Nintex version level. This will likely resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I would lik to remove the existing nintex form, but I couldn't open the ribbon of the nintex designer and was not able to access the deletion button.  How to delete it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

The form on all subsites can be opened fine in the designer.  I suspect the form on the parent site is corrupted.  But I am not able to delete it, because I cannot access the deletion button in the ribbon. The nintex form affect the form designer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

When you navigate to the hidden NintexForms folder as per the KB in my previous post delete the form from there and then open the designer.
0 Kudos