Question

Workflow designer - unwanted shortcuts

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I noticed sometimes in workflow designer for the Nintex Cloud it sometimes does some unwanted things, as if there is some shortcuts that I don’t want. When I click the mouse on the actions and then click on another spot in some combination, it flips those 2 actions around. And in some case, I think it deletes the action. I don’t know exactly which combination of clicks does what, but I don’t want it. And there is no “undo” button when it happens. It can really mess up my workflow. Does anyone know if these are “shortcuts” that Nintex designed and how to disable them?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

You're not crazy. It does delete actions at times and flips actions around. We are waiting on undo/redo buttons in designer for that very reason...amongst the obvious reason when building. Users need to be able to change their mind and go back a few steps vs rebuild what what they had an hour ago lol

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Pablo & Brandi,
Thanks for reaching out!

We’ve not implemented any shortcuts on mouse clicks, so any “shortcut” behaviour is unintended. Since your post, we’ve been trying to reproduce without success. Are you able to share a recording of either the swapping or unexpected deletion happening? Or context/steps to achieve this - i.e. Did you experience this more with actions in Parallel branches, are you using both left/right clicks or a laptop trackpad?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I don’t have any recordings of this, but I will try to re-produce it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I started a WebEx meeting and began recording so I could capture this.  I can share the WebEx later if you need it, but it says it is still preparing the recording.

I clicked in random places in the designer until I found the right sequence of steps.  It took a few minutes but here is what I found:

Take any 2 workflow actions that are in sequence, above and below. Select the top one with your mouse. Then select the + plus sign above that action. It will display “Paste” and “Add action” but don’t do anything with those. Instead, select the bottom action. It will flip the actions.

I’ve also seen it delete actions but I don’t know how to reproduce that because it happens less frequently.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Follow-up -- it is possible that there is no “delete” happening but maybe the flipping of the actions from 1 part of the workflow to another makes it appear that the action is deleted.  Maybe the action disappears into a branch or loop off-screen.  I can’t be certain because whenever that happens I simply have closed the designer without saving and started my changes again.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @PabloL,

Amazing replication! Thank you for the clear steps, I’m able to achieve the same behaviour too.

Noted on the Delete - It makes sense that it disappearing from view might have been mistaken for a deletion. Please do reach out again if you can reproduce this too.

I’ll raise a defect for the team to address this, and ensure actions do not move unless it’s dragged.

Regards,

Kate