cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I set up reminder alerts for a nintex workflow so that emails are sent out prior to issue due date in the list?

Jump to solution

I have a sharepoint issue tracking list and have a workflow attached to the list to send out email notifications when a new list item is created. Now I want to schedule reminders to the issue assignee prior to the issue due date in the list item record. How do I do that? I know there is an option to set reminders for a workflow/list but don't remember where I saw it.

5 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How do I set up reminder alerts for a nintex workflow so that emails are sent out prior to issue due date in the list?

Jump to solution

Arun DSouza​ -

You can accomplish this using the default actions within the 'Assign Flexi Task' action:

From here you can determine the number of reminders, frequency, who to contact, and tailor the message as you want.

There is also escalation where you can delegate the task to someone else or even complete the task if the duration goes too long.

If you are looking to merely send out a notification before the due date, perhaps you can use a site workflow that evaluates all list items in a target list to see if [today] == [due_date] - [lead_time] and then sends out a notification.

Hope this helps!

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How do I set up reminder alerts for a nintex workflow so that emails are sent out prior to issue due date in the list?

Jump to solution

Arun DSouza​ -

Have you been able to resolve your issue or are you still running into problems? Let us know if you got it working and what you did!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your explanation . I now finally understand  what the term flex-task means. It creates a task and one can have reminder emails, escalation and delegation associated with the task.

However since my requirement was more custom with business rules determining the reminder date and across all records of a list I decided to create a site workflow and read all the open assignments in the list and send out reminders based on whether the due date satisfied the business logic for a reminder email. Thanks for you valuable assistance Jesse. Without that I would not have been able to take this direction to meet the requirement.

workflow.bmp

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Excellent! I am happy that you were able to get it working!

Dhanashree_S
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do I set up reminder alerts for a nintex workflow so that emails are sent out prior to issue

Jump to solution
Is there a way to track and log notifications and reminders sent?
0 Kudos