Question

(K2 5.6) Workflows not continuing - timer service and delays

Badge +2

Has anyone else experienced issues on 5.6 where the timer step just does not pass?

In my case, even if the timer should halt for just 3-5 seconds, it never resumes.

Restarting the K2 Service (1-2 times) normally resolves this, but it is becoming an annoying hassle.

10 replies

Badge +8

Hello @mlangeveld15 , are there any rows returned when you run this query:

SELECT a.[ID]
,a.[ProcInstID]
,P.Folio
,P.Originator
,a.[ItemID]
,a.[Type]
,a.[Date]
,a.[ServerID]
,a.[Status]
FROM [K2].[Server].[Async] a
left join [Server].[ProcInst] p on a.ProcInstID = P.[ID]
where a.[Date] < getdate()
order by a.[Date]

Badge +2

Hello @mlangeveld15 , are there any rows returned when you run this query:

SELECT a.[ID]
,a.[ProcInstID]
,P.Folio
,P.Originator
,a.[ItemID]
,a.[Type]
,a.[Date]
,a.[ServerID]
,a.[Status]
FROM [K2].[Server].[Async] a
left join [Server].[ProcInst] p on a.ProcInstID = P.[ID]
where a.[Date] < getdate()
order by a.[Date]

Hi Deon.

Yes, there is one.

Although, I don’t see an workflow linked to it.

Badge +8

I would delete that one - it’s in the past - and see if that solves your problem.

Badge +2

I would delete that one - it’s in the past - and see if that solves your problem.

Tnx Deon

Will give it a go.
Just to confirm, I don’t need to delete any other possible dependencies linked to that ProcInstID, do I?

Badge +8

That Process Instance ID should at least be in the [ServerLog].[ProcInst] unless it was deleted with the delete history check flagged as true. I would leave it for now but it is an inconsistency for sure that it’s not  in [Server].[ProcInst], but please make 100% sure you only delete thet 1 instance in the Async table, i.e. copy the ID and say delete from [K2].[Server].[Async] where ID = 2640492

Badge +2

That Process Instance ID should at least be in the [ServerLog].[ProcInst] unless it was deleted with the delete history check flagged as true. I would leave it for now but it is an inconsistency for sure that it’s not  in [Server].[ProcInst], but please make 100% sure you only delete thet 1 instance in the Async table, i.e. copy the ID and say delete from [K2].[Server].[Async] where ID = 2640492

Tnx Deon

I checked the workflow linked to the service instance, and it was one I created to specifically test Timer Events, so deleting the row from Async does not have direct consequences.

The record is still on the ServerLog.ProcInst table

I will keep in touch should the issue appear again.

Kind regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @mlangeveld15 

Did Deon’s reply resolve your question? 

Badge +2

Hi @mlangeveld15 

Did Deon’s reply resolve your question? 

Hi Milla

I can’t say for sure at this point in time. The issue happens spontaneously, so we have to keep an eye on the service to see if the issue occurs again.
I will respond promptly as soon as the issue shows itself.
Tnx

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Thank you @mlangeveld15 , hopefully it does not occur again! 

Badge +2

Thank you @mlangeveld15 , hopefully it does not occur again! 

Hi Milla

It safe the to assume that @Deon ‘s solution may be “a” solution to prevent the error from happening.

It’s been two weeks, and we haven’t picked up the issue since.

We also installed Fix pack 36 recently, so I don’t know if that also may have contributed to the resolution in some capacity.

Regards