cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hiding Add New Item for lists in Nintex form

Supposedly when the Nintex form has published, I do not want the user to be able to Add New Item or modify the list as they are not required or should be given the right to do so.

For example, as seen in this screenshot:

How do I hide the function and revoke their access to be able to add a new item when they are in the Nintex form? Or how can I disable the whole list from being able to be edited?

Labels: (2)
20 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Hiding Add New Item for lists in Nintex form

If possible, can you provide a screen shot with more surroundings? It looks as if this is on the page and not the Nintex form itself. If you click on Add New Item, does the Nintex Form then appear? If so, then this can be removed via a permission change or from the page, edit the list webpart and change the view to No Toolbar.

I'm just confused if this is actually on the form itself, or are you trying to remove access to the form.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hey there Andrew, thanks for the reply.

Here's another screenshot (due to discretion purposes, I had to block out the information on the form)

1.png

And yes, when the user clicks on the + Add new item, they will be redirected and it goes to this form right here.

2.png

My main purpose is to disable any of the users who are using the form from editing and adding any new items to that Change History list. It should just be for viewing purposes, and no one should be able to configure it when they are doing the whole form.

For the edit list web part, I am unsure of where it is, I cannot seem to find the view to change the No Toolbar section.

I am still trying the permission list solution to see if I can edit the permission. Just in case it doesn't work, how do I hide this + Add new item function?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Yatimin,

Well there is a workaround which we have implemented to disable this option. Go to the control setting, and make the control mode as "Display" instead of "Auto". If this option is not present, you should be having one more option called "Enabled". Set this to No. Hope this work. I currently don't have 2013 environment setup with me.

But we have faced this issue and we also had this workaround implemented successfully.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

So this is a Task form in a workflow that has the List View control on the form to a list called Change History?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello Nidish, thanks for the reply.

However, sad to say that I can do neither.

I too initially thought that I could enable it but here's the problem:

CS.png

It's a list view and there's only the visibility portion for the appearance.
Any idea how to get around that?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Yes, that is correct.

Here's the control setting of the list view in the task form of the workflow:

CS.png

Any idea how I can make this work?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Haryanti,

I have found a workaround which will make the entire List View control disabled. Please check the steps below:

1. Add the list view control inside a panel
  2. Set a disable rule on the panel such that, the rule is always true.E.g: Set condition like If form is edit mode then disable the panel by checking the Disable check box.
  3. This is the workaround we tried and it worked. Please note that, "Add New item" will be still visible however, no actions can be performed.

1.PNG

2.PNG

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Should the user be able to Add New item at any time at all? If not, then can their permission to do so be removed from the list? This will remove the + Add New Item link on the list view control

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This should be fixed by removing the users ability to "contribute" or create new items.  If the user has read only permissions, then this function should be removed automatically from within SharePoint. 

If you are wanting to just display information then I would suggest using the view or display form with no tool bar showing and that should prevent users from creating new items as well.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply