Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generating a delete condition

Hello community.

I want to generate a condition which decides:

- An item was created --> send notification

- This item was changed --> send notification

- This item was deleted --> send notification

How can i realise the condition "deleted"?

Thank you for your information

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Generating a delete condition

Hey Alexandra,

I think to realize something like this, you have to use a site workflow and you need a list where you store a subset of the information of every item from the source list (one Information has to be the item ID). The site workflow has to check if every item ID in the second list is still available in the source list, if there's an item ID that cannot be found, this item has been deleted. Now you can send a notification with the other information you have stored in the second list and afterwards you have to delete the item in this list too.

For this scenario you also have to make sure that the two lists are "synced" with the help of other workflows.

Best regards,

Jan

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I have had instances of this in the past where I have prevented deletion of the item itself through standard SharePoint functionality and instead users have to run a workflow to delete the item, and in that workflow exists the notification that needs to be sent.  If you display this workflow in the item dropdown it works really well for users to be able to see a workflow called "delete item" and choose that.

Let us know how you get on with solving this problem. 

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hey Cassy,

good idea! Definitely less complex than my approach :-)

Best regards,

Jan

Accept as Solution Reply