ignasitt
Novice

"Use date when action is executed" is not returning the current time (hours, minutes, seconds)

Jump to solution

When I select the check "Use date when action is executed" is not returning the current time, only the current date.

By default UTC midnight is set as returned time, but I also need to get the current hour, minutes and seconds.

How I can do to get the current time too?

thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cju
Scout

Re: "Use date when action is executed" is not returning the current time (hours, minutes, seconds)

Jump to solution

You can create a single line of text variable in your workflow and set it with a "Set variable" action like the following :

The "Current Date" and "Current Time" are in the "Common" tab of the "Insert reference" screen.

Then you can use this variable to set a datetime column like this :

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

ignasitt
Novice

Re: "Use date when action is executed" is not returning the current time (hours, minutes, seconds)

Jump to solution

Thank you Caroline, that Works!

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Scholar

Jump to solution

Awesome work around.

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
alexhood87
Novice

Re: "Use date when action is executed" is not returning the current time (hours, minutes,

Jump to solution

I think it is better to use the calculate date action with the "include time" checkbox checked and then use that variable to update your date/time field. This allows you can do calculations based on that field. I haven't tested the original solution yet but I am worried that combining the date and time together like that wouldn't allow you to do calculations based on it.

0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Collaborator

Re: "Use date when action is executed" is not returning the current time (hours, minutes,

Jump to solution

@alexhood87 ....Seems you're 4 years late to respond.... 😄

@ignasitt ....Are you sure that you did check both check boxes? 

• Use date when action is executed
  • Include time

0 Kudos