kdorn
Nintex Newbie

build variable approvers from infopath forms?

Greetings,

Nintex 2010, SharePoint 2010, and InfoPath 2010 browser form.

I have a requirement to send out a variable number of approval requests based on an InfoPath form.

I am building the form so that the user can add as many or as few approvers as needed depending on the specific request. What I am trying to figure out is how to get the workflow to query the InfoPath from, grab the list of approvers, and then send out a sequential (preferably within a state machine) set of approvals. Is this possible and if so can someone provide some guidance on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Kevin D

SharePoint Administrator

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: build variable approvers from infopath forms?

This is my approach, although you have many ways to do it.

Add field on your Infopath form named "myApprovers" where you will set the approvers separated by ;

Then when you publish your Infopath form, set "myApprovers" to be mapped to the Sharepoint Forms Library, so you will see a new column on your library.

Then that new column named "myApprovers" will be available on your Nintex workflow.

That information could be used on a Flexi task , generating a task for all your approvers.

If you need to process each approver individually you could set them on a collection >>> Regular Expressions in Nintex Workflow

0 Kudos
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: build variable approvers from infopath forms?

Fernando, could you do this with a People Picker field on the item instead(allow multiple) ? then for each on the collection of the users?

0 Kudos