cassymfreeman

Re: Setting a condition for a multiple selection column

can you use log in history list to output the value from that multi select column in the workflow history and do the same three tests I described?  screenshot the outputs please.

Not applicable

Hi Prasanna - right now I'm manually running the workflow. When I fill out the form (screenshot I included) I run the task through the workflow.

The issue I'm having is no matter what is selected (even not including READ), at the Set a Condition action, the action path is always going down the Yes path.

Not applicable

Sure. I have not used Log in History List before. I'm googling to find how to use it, but if you could assist that would be great!

cassymfreeman

it's a workflow action and lives under Operations - Log in history list.

configure the action and insert reference to the value in the Add Permissions Groups column.

cassymfreeman

Not applicable

Thanks Cassy, I'll do that. I just looked at the workflow history for a task I set to something other than READ, and it still recognizing it as READ:

0 Kudos
Not applicable

OK, something very strange is happening. I took READ out of the selection list in the form and Nintex is STILL saying the value selected is READ.

I must be changing the value to READ somehow but I don't know where. I have the log in history list at the very top of the workflow. I guess something is set in my task list that's causing this?

Like I said, READ is no longer an option to even select

prasannaadavi
Novice

Deborah,

I think the issue is with your Query List action. Is this a site workflow or List workflow.

Could you give us a screenshot of the Query List Action?

Not applicable

Sure - here you go:

and here's my variable

0 Kudos
prasannaadavi
Novice

One final question: is this a site workflow or a list workflow? if it is a LIST worfklow, then you do not need Query List action, you could just select the Current Item properties for your "Set Condition Action".

if this is a site workflow (or a list workflow for many items at once), then you need to fix the query list action.

I would modify your query list action like this: (make your variable a collection). The workflow below will query through ALL items in the list, which meet the filter criteria, and run the workflow for each item based on your condition.

0 Kudos