cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Setting a condition for a multiple selection column

can you use log in history list to output the value from that multi select column in the workflow history and do the same three tests I described?  screenshot the outputs please.

Not applicable

Hi Prasanna - right now I'm manually running the workflow. When I fill out the form (screenshot I included) I run the task through the workflow.

The issue I'm having is no matter what is selected (even not including READ), at the Set a Condition action, the action path is always going down the Yes path.

Not applicable

Sure. I have not used Log in History List before. I'm googling to find how to use it, but if you could assist that would be great!

cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

it's a workflow action and lives under Operations - Log in history list.

configure the action and insert reference to the value in the Add Permissions Groups column.

cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Not applicable

Thanks Cassy, I'll do that. I just looked at the workflow history for a task I set to something other than READ, and it still recognizing it as READ:

0 Kudos
Not applicable

OK, something very strange is happening. I took READ out of the selection list in the form and Nintex is STILL saying the value selected is READ.

I must be changing the value to READ somehow but I don't know where. I have the log in history list at the very top of the workflow. I guess something is set in my task list that's causing this?

Like I said, READ is no longer an option to even select

prasannaadavi
Nintex Newbie

Deborah,

I think the issue is with your Query List action. Is this a site workflow or List workflow.

Could you give us a screenshot of the Query List Action?

Not applicable

Sure - here you go:

and here's my variable

0 Kudos
prasannaadavi
Nintex Newbie

One final question: is this a site workflow or a list workflow? if it is a LIST worfklow, then you do not need Query List action, you could just select the Current Item properties for your "Set Condition Action".

if this is a site workflow (or a list workflow for many items at once), then you need to fix the query list action.

I would modify your query list action like this: (make your variable a collection). The workflow below will query through ALL items in the list, which meet the filter criteria, and run the workflow for each item based on your condition.

0 Kudos