Not applicable

Add New Item to Lookup Field from Nintex Form 2013

Hi,

I have a requirement where we would like to add a new item to the existing Look-up field in the Nintex Form 2013.

Something like to either open a dialog for new item add, let user save it and then refresh the Look-up on the form, or some additional text box that could do it.

Any idea or someone already tried the same stuff earlier ?

Thanks,

Nutan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
christopheraucq
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Add New Item to Lookup Field from Nintex Form 2013

Hi,

My first idea will be to add a new text control in which the user can add the new value.

If it is really important, to add the value to the existing Lookup field, you can use some Javascript to populate the control and select the new value, but if the form refreshs from one reason or another, make sure the Javascript is again fired up.

But you can avoid to develop this Javascript by adding this new value to your lookup list using a Nintex Workflow that will run after saving the form.

Please note that if you do not add the new value to the lookup list, it will not appear the next time you open the item with this form.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Christophe,

I did this stuff working with scripting on SharePoint OOB list forms in one of the earlier requirements. I was just wondering if there is any other way that we can do it in Nintex Forms.

I will use the same code and see how better it works with nintex forms.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

We got it working with Rich Text Field and Custom Javascript to open the Lookup List Form itself and refresh the field on the form. Works like a charm !!!

0 Kudos
christopheraucq
Automation Master
Automation Master

Great !!!

If you can share your solution by a writing a blog post.

I am sure a lot of people, like me 😉 will be interested.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sure, i will share the solution soon.

Thanks,

Nutan

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I posted the implementation here