Nintex Workflow Cloud: Data Lookup Control

• 7 April 2020
  • 6 replies

We know that form designers are always looking for ways to improve the experience of form participants. Form designers want to increase the likelihood that their forms get filled out, both quickly and accurately, and that their workflows get adopted by the business. To help in this regard, we have taken your feedback and added functionality to be able to bind third-party data to a new control in NWC forms, the Data Lookup Control.

This control will help form designers by:

• Reducing required manual data entry into a form​
  • Improving data accuracy and reduce the risk of bad data​
  • Reducing time to complete forms​
  • Improving participant experience and increase the number of forms filled out

Now creating a data-bound drop down is as simple as configuring a data source in the dashboard and selecting that data source it in the options available of the Data Lookup Control. 

We currently have support to be able to create data sources from SharePoint, Azure Active Directory, and any custom connectors. In the coming months, we will be adding MySQL, MS SQL, Dynamics CRM and Salesforce support, so watch this space!

To give you a demonstration of creating Data Sources and configuring the Data Lookup Control, I've attached a video giving you a bit of a rundown and demonstration of this feature where I create a form with cascading drop-downs bound to SharePoint lists.

6 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

This designer looks different from what we have on prim. We are on version 4.5.2.0 . Is it available to donwload. 

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks @robbiemunro 

great to see progress on this one.

Once you get the MS SQL support rolled out too, I'll be so happy I might have to shout you a carton. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks,

Gavin

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@youlearn The designer and form execution is hosted in NIntex's cloud. You'll have to change/migrate your license to Nintex Workflow Cloud to experience this new modern form designer GUI. There is no direct path or tool that can accomplish this seemlessly. So all forms and workflows would have to be redeveloped. Reach out to your sales representative for cost details and options.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Awesome control to have now. But let's complete it with at least:

1. Support for multi-value fields (really needed soon)

2. Allowing multiple Option Labels that will show as multiple columns in the pull down. (MS Access had this already in the 90's)

3. Selecting a field to sort the option list by.

I'll take the freedom to bring these ones up in the UserVoice.

But thanks once again for bringing this control in.

Badge +8

Is there any updates on when Data Lookups will be able to use MySQL, MS SQL, Dynamics CRM. As this would be a big benefit.

Thank you for the post. I seem not to be getting something right. Please post screenshots of your lists in SPO.