Skip to main content

Hi all,

Hoping somone can assist or point me in the right direction.

I have 2 date/time fields (start and end) for a booking request form, im trying to ensure that the form forces users to provide an end date/time field greater than the start date/time field specified. 

Whats the best way to achieve this?

Hi TimPartridge,

If I understood correctly I think you are looking for control validation. You can use this to configure expressions to validate your data. For more details on how to configure this kindly check the below link provided

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/ControlValidation.htm

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi,

You should be able to do that using an advanced condition rule. You should be able to find the advanced condition rule from the conditional rules tab. If the condition evaluates to true, then move on to the next action. If it is false, you can throw some sort of message to the user to tell them the End Date must be greater than the Start Date.

Perfect, using the advanced condition rule with a message worked. Thank you!