Regular Expressions in Nintex Workflow

Show first post

40 replies

Badge +3

Hi Vadim Tabakman

I am displaying rich text content in mail using email notification action. The content is coming from multiple line of text column.

This content has SharePoint page link. When I open this link from email, it wont open as hyperlink will be set as relative link in

multiple line of text column always.

ie /sites/test/Pages/Home.aspx instead of full url.

How can we fix this using Nintex workflow action. Is tehre any way to fix using regular expressions?

Thanks,

Prashant

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey Vadim Tabakman

I'm totally new to regular expressions. I'm trying to extract all the data (alpha and numeric) between an open and close bracket. [ ]

I'm sure it's super easy...

Thanks

Kassie

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Never mind, I figured it out.

[(.*?)]

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Kassy,

Configured the Regular Expression to do an Extract.

Pattern--->   (?<=[)[dw]+(?=])

Store the result in a Collection variable.

Then you'll need a Collection operation action and configure it to either do a Get at the zero position (that's the first position in the collection)

Or, even easier, configure the Collection Operation to do a Pop, if you expect to only have one result.

cheers,

Vadim

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

ooh that's way nicer!!!

Great stuff and thanks for sharing Kassie.

Vadim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey thanks for responding Vadim!

Now that I've grabbed the string, I'm wondering how to remove all the quotes "" from it. Do you know a regex for that? I've been goggling like mad but no luck so far with a successful regex.

Thanks

Kassie

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Kassie,

you could just try a "" and configure it todo a replace.

Or another way would be to use a Build String action and use the fn-Replace function.

Good luck with it.

cheers,

Vadim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I was doing an extract regex rather than a replace. Then, I was replacing with " "... that didn't work out.

I ended up leaving the replace field empty and that worked.

Thanks again for your help Vadim!

Kassie

Badge +3

Hello Vadim Tabakman,

I need some help, I have this comment from after Assign Flexi task

"Name Surname (Approve) 8.8.2016. 11:11 - 8.8.2016. 11:11 (Name Surname)  some comment Name2 Surename2 (Approve) 8.8.2016. 11:11 - 8.8.2016. 11:15 (Name2 Surename2) some comment Name3 Surename3 (Not Required) 8.8.2016. 11:11 -"

I want to get all Names Surnames of people who approved this task, Name and Surname before (Approve). How to do it? Please for your help.

Thanks !

Hi Vadim

I have used people or group function in the form and I want to show the detailed in the email body. I have managed to grab most information however i am unable get clean information from people or group field. For example I have field  for Reporting manager and the out put shows as - i:0#.f|membership |theek.@live.com|. I want to display the name and it showing the email with the claim token.

i am using Nintex 2013.

I have try to use Regular Expression but the result is same.

Thanks

Theekshana  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Maybe you can use the Query LDAP or Query User Profile action to take that and get back the display name.

Vadim

Hi Vadim

Thanks for your Help. 

One of my requirement is that the form information should be able to email by embedding the forms information to email body. I have able to do this through Nintex workflow. However I have hit several road blocks.

1. Instead of showing Reporting Managers' name from people or group picker it showing the email and claim token even I have selected to display the name.

2. I have three type of date fields

•  Start date: when I create this column I selected "date only" . So in SharePoint list it show the information correctly. However the issue is creating in the email body. In email body it show the selected time and the date. My questions is how do I eliminate the time. I only want to show the date.
  • Fixed Contractor End Date: This column should only have information when the user select the employment type as Fixed contractor. If user select any other option this filed should be empty. Again in the SharePoint list information show correctly. However in the email body it show the default value when the user did not select the Fixed contractor. E.g - Fixed Contractor End Date - Monday, 1 January 0001. how do I fixed this.

• Temporary Contractor End Date:  This column should only have information when the user select the employment type as Temporary Contractor. If user select any other option this filed should be empty. Again in the SharePoint list information show correctly. However in the email body it shows the default value when the user did not select the Temporary Contractor. E.g - Temporary Contractor End Date - Monday, 1 January 0001. how do I fixed this.

These are the four problems that I am unable to fix at them moment. I have read through some of the available solution in the net however due to the version different it hard find. I am use 2013. Other thing is that I don't have full authorization to add things to SharePoint and and Nintex. So I am looking solution that doesn't need admin level expertise to get the form run.

It would be grate if  you could help in this regards.

Thanks.

Theekshana 

Hi, Vadim,

I have created a field called "user email address" and selected as Person or Group. Also selected show field as "Work email". However, in the form, it does not show the email address instead of it show the person name.  This is going to confuse all users who are going to use this form.

Email address is not showing

On the other hand, when I send a test email using the same form;  the field of "user email address" shows the email address in the email body. 

Email body shows user email address

I can't figure it out why it does not show the email address in the form?

Please help me...... I have tried all available options I can find on the internet.

Regards

Theekshana

Badge +1

Vadim,

I'd like to replace the response to a survey that produces a value: 'How'd we do?;#5#' and be left with just the response, in this case 5. Is that possible to do with Nintex Regex Replace so that I'm left with a number?

Badge +2

Hi Vadim

I want to restrict the field which will take only numbers with dots. for example 10.11.1111.100 IP Address