Displaying Repeating Section Data in List Views, The Easy Way!

Show first post

66 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you have to name controls within repeating section

Badge +4

Yes, I did same. Even I noticed another issue. I have configured custom column for another list and it is not working.

Badge

Also having same issue.

Badge +3

Is it possible to create the “Nintex Repeating Section Data” Field Type for SharePoint Online ?

Badge +1

Just used this feature! Thanks a ton!

Is it working on SharePoint 2016? I successfully deployed the solution in SharePoint 2016 and created a new column with  this field type, but when I tried to create new item, It threw an error saying "Unhanded exception occurred" like that. Am I doing something wrong or this is not compatible with SharePoint 2016. Actually I used 2013 version of this solution.

Badge +4

I've just had this installed on our test enviroment, I followed your steps, created a repeating section with 3 drop down list fields and a multi-line, named it SupplierDetails and published the form. In the list I created a new column with the type Nintex Repeating Section Data, linked it to my repeating section and created a new item (

Repeating Section Name:  SupplierDetails

. However the repeating section data field all the time is empty? Any ideas?

Badge +4

its working fine now , I deleted the list and created again so its working fine,

My question is : can we search for any item in ( repeating section data)

Badge

Thank You for this nice post ...I have added your solution to my farm it is working great however my requirement needs 5 repeatings sections on the same form I am unable to display the 2nd -5th repeating sections how can I accomplish this?

Badge +11

Hello Ayman El-Hattab

Would there be an option to make the table viewable / readable on Spreadsheet when extracted?
The XML format is rather displayed onto Excel which is not quite readable ...

If you have a solution / suggestion to that, do let me know

Thanks

Badge +8

Has this been updated recently? I'm following the directions but the column doesn't display any information after setting the repeating section name in the column settings.

Badge +1

Can you confirm if this works on SharePoint Server 2016 (on prem)?

Badge +11

A much simplier approach

Requires PowerQuery App which is free + Excel.

Dear Ayman,

I deployed the repeating section .wsp in sharepoint and created the custom column in the list as described in the above article. i dont see any data getting populated in the column. 

I'm using sharepoint 2013 and Nintex 2013 responsive form.

Is there a solution for SharePoint Online/365?

Thank you :)

Do you have a 365 version?