Skip to main content

Anyone got any ideas why this isn't working.

Doing a SAVE PDF Method takes about 10 seconds and basically hangs the page before it's generated and i see it in a File attachment.

I am ok with the delay, but want to change the button text to "Please wait...", but it won't change the button text until after the PDF is created.

In my rule, i clearly have the change button text above the SAVE PDF method, but it's not accpeting it.

I've tried creating an unbound rule, changes the sequence in the rules from one after the other to asynchronous, you name it i tried it, still doens't work.

Any ideas?

I haven't had a chance to test this, but what type of execution block are you using?

https://help.k2.com/kb001432

If 'one after another', perhaps a different block will result in the desired behavior.

For anyone else having this issue, i managed to suss out a workaround.

Change the method to SAVE PDF ASYNC, this does the conversion while allowing you to continue doing stuff on the form, which means i can alter control/states on the form, keep the user occupied, play some Demi Levato "Cool for the Summer" in the background (that would be funny) while K2 takes its sweet time converting the page to an PDF

Note: don't move away from the page while it is rendering though, otherwise you're PDF won't get captured