I have inherited a list that had ~9 workflows. Many were not active. The only active wf for new items (#9) does not appear in the list. I have reduced the total workflows down to 6. How does I make this workflow status column appear for wf #9?
I have reviewed this post explaining why it happens but I do not want to alter the central admin settings. Additionally, I have seen a suggestion to go to List > Workflow Settings > Workflow Settings > Remove, Block, or Restore a Workflow and remove all iterations of the wf, rerun the workflow, and then it should appear. However, there are 600+ open items currently running the wf and I am hesitant to do this if it will interfere with current processing.
1) Will removing this will causing issues for running wfs? Have to assume yes.
2) How else can I add the linked wf status column for wf #9?
Usually the wf status column is auto created when the wf is run. In this case it did not because there were 8 workflows already on this list. Other than the resolution mentioned above I am not sure how to bring it back. My workflow is not a column available in list view settings.
There is limitation of how many lookup column you can add to list view. maybe that the reason that it didn't show by default
But I always could add this wf columns from the list view settings. Are you sure you not see this columns?
If you are referring to list > create/modify view - yes. Here are the workarounds I have found:
1) Increase viewable look ups in Central Admin - not worth potential issues
2) Remove workflow from wf settings and rerun wf- probable negative impact to existing items running wf
3) Republish wf with new name - no change for existing items running wf