cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Two cancel buttons on the ribbon

Hello All!

I have a form that, when save, save and submit, or cancel is clicked, the users need to be redirected to a URL.  I have found the answers but have run into another issue:

- Cancel button does not redirect, so I used the solution of javascript to redirect it.

- This results in 'two' Cancel buttons in the ribbon.  One that will redirect, the other that doesn't:

- I don't want to confuse my users . . . is there a way to remove the original cancel button?

Thanks for your help!

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Two cancel buttons on the ribbon

All, I figured  this out on my own.  Because I had created the form and the Cancel button with the original action  of 'Cancel', changing it to JavaScript 'added' the JavaScript option along with the original 'Cancel' option.  I had to delete the cancel button altogether, then recreate it. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Actually . . . nope.  This didn't work. In preview, it only shows one cancel button. However, when you actually use the form, it shows two.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Tracy,

Did you create a cancel button within the form?  You should be able to do that and use the submit/close form actions/rule to achieve the results.

As for seeing two options in the ribbon, try backing out your Javascript first and saving then republishing the form.  Also try clearing your browser cache to be sure you are seeing the right/current results.

You shouldn't need javascript to close the form. Redirecting perhaps, but you could use the source URL option where you store the redirect within the original URL.  Also see this post for some help on that topic.

Redirect Users to Thank You page from NewForm.aspx after form submission | Salaudeen Rajack's ShareP...

0 Kudos
praios81
Nintex Newbie

I'm not really sure if there's a default way to hide the button but you should always be able to hide it via css and or javascript.

0 Kudos
glenda
Nintex Newbie

Tracy,

I had a similar "problem" a while ago. I added a few buttons with Javascript functions to create a multi paging form and it showed me all the buttons in the ribbon (which was not necessary, I also do not want users to click "complete" or "save" in the first step .

By default the ribbon on new mode will always show all buttons you have added to your form. You can easily hide them in your button settings:

Ribbon.PNG

Select no and they should not be there anymore.

By the way, the red cancel button is your default one, buttons you have added your own will use the other icon by default.

Glenda

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Glenda,

Thanks for your input! 

I am aware of how to remove buttons from the ribbon. The problem is that I don't have a 'default' cancel button, so it can't be hidden.

I've actually tried putting one on the form that is not visible, then hiding it on the ribbon as well . . . no go.

Having two entirely defeats the purpose of being able to redirect users, even if it is only on 'New'.

But thank you again!

0 Kudos
seid
Nintex Newbie

How to remove the default cancel button? I've tried CSS but it only works on design mode.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Tracy Sullivan

were you able to resolve this?  I have a similar situation, I want to hide the default cancel button and only have the "Cancel" button which I have created available in the bar.

For example I would like to get rid of the Default red button and keep the one I highlighted in yellow.  It has a redirect on the button.

I have tried to hide the ribbon but this does not work using CSS (at the moment).  I know you can hide the custom button from the bar but ideally I would like the default cancel button to be hidden.

Hope that makes sense.

Karen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

HI Tracy Sullivan

I have now tried this in preview mode and it shows exactly what I want to see

I think this is what Shaikha Eid​ said that it could only be seen in preview mode.

Any one had any success with this?

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos