Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryank7
Nintex Newbie

Issues with creating a request for a camera at an event

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have been attempting to creat a request workflow to provide a camer at a company event. We have two available cameras for any given timeframe and i am atttempting to make it so that they schedule in line. for instance say there are two events tomorrow from 1pm-2pm the first event gets scheduled and our SLR camera is auto assigned and a calendar event created, the second event gets our point and shoot camera assigned and calendar event created. Further events the occur in that timeframe would be rejected. My workflow currently runs so that the event is requested via form with the event name, additonal point of contact, event strat time and event end time. The workflow first queries the site calendar, filtering to show only items with a start time that is less then or equal to the new event end time And when the end time is greater then or equal to the event strat tim, the query is then sorted by Resource in ascending order and the resource is assigned to WF variable "Resource".Camera query.PNG The WF then uses switch to send the items to three differnt paths (SLR, Point and Shoot, or Other) based on "Resource". This works perfectly for the first two items scheduled on a particular time slot, however if another time slot in the day is booked that shouldnt conflict, the WF seems to read it as a conflicting date. Any advice for fixing this workflow, or just scrapping it to build a differnt would be very helpful!!!Camera WF.PNGCamera list.PNG

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ryank7
Nintex Newbie

Re: Issues with creating a request for a camera at an event

Jump to solution

In case anyone is having this issue, i found the root cause of the issue. The CAML query has a value item called IncludeTimeValue = "TRUE" | "FALSE" by default this value is false and unless specified the query list funtion will not pull the time stamp, only the date. once i applied the true value the query list functions as needed and i was able to schedule the requests correctly. 

0 Kudos