cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
furstlars
Nintex Newbie

How do I progress an Edit Item URL task?

Jump to solution

In my current workflow I have a task notification in a Request Review action that leads the user to the Edit Item URL:

{Common:WebUrl}/Lists/{Common:ListName}/EditForm.aspx?ID={ItemProperty:ID}

I would love to use the Edit Task Form built into the Request Review action, for this purpose, which would then progress the task via connecting the submit button to the Decision field (i.e. setting it to 0), but I can't because the Task Form has a bug whereby List Lookup fields do not display current values, as described here.

Without using the built-in Task Form, how can I detect changes made to the item?

Or is there another task-related action I can use?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do I progress an Edit Item URL task?

Jump to solution

Hey Lars,

I'm not sure I fully understood your scenario but I think you can use the action wait for item update. It pauses the workflow until a specific field has been updated and brings up the workflow again.

Would that be an option in your workflow?

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
furstlars
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Enrico,

How would it know if a field has been updated when the Request Review action doesn't even progress after hitting submit in EditItem.aspx?

0 Kudos
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I think you wouldn't need the task at all. If you don't want to complete a task but have the user push the workflow then you can emulate the behaviour of your task by just sending an email with the task details and afterwards wait for the item update you expect to happen.

However I'd rather let people finish tasks to have the same experience over multiple workflows as this is the most used way.

You could also lead users to the task form after they close your item form by adding &Source={Common:ApprovalUrl} parameter to your link in the initial task notification email.

0 Kudos
furstlars
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks! I knew it had to be that simple!

In Wait for Item Update, I basically compared the Modified date against a DateTime variable to make it work.