cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get informations from a list in another site collection

Jump to solution

Can someone help me please

I have a workflow who query a list in another site collection, i would like to access to elements in this list and save it in a variable.

And can i do that without a CAML query?

Thanx

3 Replies
patrick_hosch
Nintex Newbie

Re: Get informations from a list in another site collection

Jump to solution

If you have access to Nintex Live, then you can use the SharePoint Query List action, which is available at no extra charge. Access to Nintex Live comes with Software Assurance. Using this action you will be able to query data in other SharePoint environments or site collections by using the standard filter options or a CAML query. (similar to the query list action)

If you don't have access to Nintex Live, then the Call Web Service action is your only option, but then you'd have to write your own CAML query as there is no filter option similar to the Query List action filters.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks patrick for your reply,

I have nintex live, when i use Query list action i have the right result in the caml result, but when i save the result to a workflow variable i dont have the name of the element in the other site collection. how can i save the result of the caml query in a variable

0 Kudos
patrick_hosch
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

the results are being returned as an XML structure. As there can be many results returned each item's metadata XML set is stored as a single collection item in a collection variable.

1. Create a collection variable
  2. Set the Fields XML output to the variable
  3. Then after querying the list, use a For each action to iterate through the collection of XML structures
  4. Create a multi line of text variable
  5. In the For Each action use the multi line of text variable for "Store result in"
  6. next use a Query XML action within the For each action to get the required metadata field from the variable in step 5
0 Kudos