Solved

Permission Management in Nintex Automation Cloud

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I am facing the following issue.

Recently starting to migrate to NAC, while using on-premise workflow the permissions are inherited from parent and the workflow would run using the requester’s level of access and assign tasks to approvers with no issue.

But now in Nintex Automation Cloud, i see issue when anyone create a list item and there is a NAC flow running upon create list item. I get error message on the instance as “[Task.FailureInitiatingTask] Failed to initiate task”. Then i would go to the user management and assign participant role to the user who is about to get the task for approval. It would then fix it. But send an email to the approver when i add to create account in NAC and password everything. 

Do i need to add all the users who will be part of workflows in the user management? or am i missing something here. It will be a headache to maintain these users and also manage when anyone leave the company.

icon

Best answer by brandiwoodson 6 May 2024, 18:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I am facing the following issue.

Recently starting to migrate to NAC, while using on-premise workflow the permissions are inherited from parent and the workflow would run using the requester’s level of access and assign tasks to approvers with no issue.

But now in Nintex Automation Cloud, i see issue when anyone create a list item and there is a NAC flow running upon create list item. I get error message on the instance as “[Task.FailureInitiatingTask] Failed to initiate task”. Then i would go to the user management and assign participant role to the user who is about to get the task for approval. It would then fix it. But send an email to the approver when i add to create account in NAC and password everything. 

Do i need to add all the users who will be part of workflows in the user management? or am i missing something here. It will be a headache to maintain these users and also manage when anyone leave the company.

Have your security team enable SSO SAML with whatever you have....we use MS entra. 

The will need to configure or enable the auto acceleration when doing this and decide if guest accounts are needed.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Settings/UserManagement.htm#:~:text=Click%20Settings%20and%20then%20click%20User%20management%20to,the%20Identity%20federation%20settings%20section%2C%20toggle%20Enable%20auto-acceleration

Auto acceleration: This will allow users be added to the user management automatically by the system when they visit NAC through a task link or something shared with them. 

Also have them configure the user directory lookup section under settings page. I can't remember why we needed to configure this but some of our tasks would fail to initiate. Once we did these two things, everything worked seamlessly for us in NAC.