cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditionally start multiple workflows

Jump to solution

I have a sharepoint list and created a few individual workflows that start conditionally if I change a value of 3 checkbox fields.

So if I edit an item and change the value of one checkbox field the Nintex Workflow gets started as intended.

However when I edit an item and change more than one checkbox only one workflow gets startet - is this intentional? How can i solve this problem?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmaj
Nintex Newbie

Re: Conditionally start multiple workflows

Jump to solution

Hi, Nintex places an Event Receiver an this ContentType or List. I think there will be one Event Receiver and the first condition that matches "wins".

I would suggest a "master-workflow" which controls the start of the sub-workflows.

F.E. - Master Workflow starts whenever an item is updated. The workflow checks via condition, if a sub-workflow has to be started. At the "Start Workflow"-Action you should check "Do not start this workflow, when a instance is already running".

That should do the work.

Kai

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sounds legit, can you tell me how I can check in the master workflow if a specific field has been changed with the condition action?

In the workflow settings i can compare a field to its previous value but in a condition action there doesnt to be such a option.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

No you wont be able to check the previous value  during the workflow process without setting up another list to track that for you.

Just some additional information, I've used a switch before within a "primary" workflow that starts when an item is created or modified that will use a switch or condition that subsequently starts other workflows. That way I can control which process or sub workflow that needs to run with conditions.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hello, did any of these responses solve this issue?

0 Kudos