I am working with Nintex Forms 2013 version 126.96.36.199 in SharePoint 2013 and I am using a SQL Request control to access data from an external database. The database table holds tens of thousands of records and even with one filter, five thousand or more records could be returned on a lookup. My question is this - what's the best way to reduce the number of records returned and make the look up list manageable?
Some more specific questions include:
- Can I implement an auto-complete capability in the List Lookup or SQL Request control?
- If I can implement an auto-complete capability how would I do that (please provide specific guidance)?
- Can I implement a cascading filter in the Lookup or SQL Request control?
- If I can implement an cascading filter capability how would I do that (please provide specific guidance)?
- If neither one of these approaches is possible what is the right approach?