cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you access doc library workflows when there is no ribbon?

If you are in First Release, SharePoint Online is offering you the ability to see the "new look" of document libraries.  When using the new look, I see no way to access the ribbon. This means I cannot access Nintex for O365. (It also means I cannot get to the Edit Library, Connect to Outlook, Connect to Office, Export to Excel, RSS Feed, Email a Link, and Most Popular Items ribbon commands...)

I understand that the new look is currently optional and you can easily click on "Return to classic SharePoint".  I'm wondering what the process for creating/editing Nintex workflows will be like when the new look is no longer optional.  When using the new look for doc libraries, does anyone know how to access and modify a Nintex for O365 workflow connected to the doc library?

Tags (1)
8 Replies
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do you access doc library workflows when there is no ribbon?

Microsoft support have been notified of this so hopefully it'll be added in, in the meantime we'll have to rely on the classic view.

Jan

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Could you use site settings, workflows gallery?

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Sadly no, that's not on the O365 version.

0 Kudos
olampl11
Nintex Newbie

The tenant admin can define which setting should be used

I did some quick check with the new experience,

the following things won't work anymore:

Custom Form ( includes Nintex Form)

JS-Link

Javascripts (e.g. used within a content part webpart)

0 Kudos
glenda
Nintex Newbie

Wow, special! I'm looking forward to know where this is going to.

I have noticed that when adding an additional page to the site and adding a listview webpart to the documents library to it, the ribbon features are still available for the document library. Will this be a workaround or will this also be not the case anymore in the future?

Automation Master
Automation Master

In the "New experience" UI buttons to open Workflow Gallery and Form Designer are located on the list/ library menu just above the items, next to the "Flow" and "PowerApp" buttons.

Regards,

Tomasz

Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi! Just pinging to find out whether you solved the issue with the help found in the Community or by yourself? If by yourself - can you share your solution? Can you mark any from the answers as "Correct"?
Regards,
Tomasz
0 Kudos
andre_pereira
Nintex Newbie

I'm having the same issue as we are doing the Deployment via App Catalog. Did you find any answer on that?

0 Kudos