cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Virtual Meet and Greet - Introduce yourself and your institution

Hello everyone! 

As this group is fairly new and given it's a new year, I thought I'll post a virtual meet and greet!

We all use Promapp within our educational institutions so we may come across issues with the same context. This is a great platform for each of us to hold and contribute to discussions around processes within the higher education environment. 

I'll start off with my introduction, please share yours in this post.

I'm Wesley (or Wesso) from Australia. I currently work at Curtin University and we use Promapp university wide. Currently not everyone is using it but we are on the journey to slowly engage all business areas. We've (Curtin) been using Promapp for over a year now but I've only been exposed to Promapp since June 2019. For anyone who comes from a Process background and is new to Promapp, the whole concept of Activity/Task is mind-blowing... took a me a while to get my head around but nevertheless I'm here for the better. 

As I've only seen Promapp in Curtin (and a little bit of Promapp in Uni of California, Berkeley - Thanks to @Nick_Endsley), I'm keen to see how other higher eds have implemented Promapp. I feel there may be features on Promapp that I'm not fully leveraging (just today, I found out about Document Search Tags and being able to provide a URL with that search tag - really useful!).

I look forward to virtually meet all of you, or in person if you plan to visit Perth, Australia (give me a shout!).

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Virtual Meet and Greet - Introduce yourself and your institution

Hi Wesso and all - 

My name is Chris Wysocki and I work at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia - I have just started a new role where I guide the strategy, deployment and use of Nintex Promapp for the university.

Promapp has been active at RMIT for over 2 years and has had some good progress, learnings and realised benefits thanks to the prior product owners and leads supporting it, along with the stakeholders involved in actively utilising it in their roles. 

But with continous improvement being....continuous, there are a number of learnings, known & unknown opportunities to work through in order to improve the engagement, utilisation and ROI that is possible. Part of my role will be uncovering & validating said learnings/opportunities and continuing to develop and deploy solutions relating to the gammit of components and mechanisms assocaited with having a centralised tool for such a large and diverse operating environment.

I've previously worked in various operational management, analysis and capability roles across utilities, tech and blue-collar industries and have worked in higher education for about 1.5 years. I really love the H.E. industry, as it has a good balance of complexity + freedom for solution creativity, and a feel-good purpose relating to what we do and help our end-customers with. 

I hope to leverage insights and experience from what I have seen in other roles and industries that have strong process dependency and complexity, and I'll try to be active on the community forums as i get my feet set to leverage any contacts/posts vto support the work to be done at RMIT.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello All, I am Nick Endsley from University of California, Berkeley.

I am part of the Business Process Management Office (BPMO), which is within the office of Vice Chancellor for Administration (VCA).

We support portfolio & project management within the VCA, and process improvement efforts (which includes Promapp) for campus departments. Our office is responsible for supporting implementation of Promapp in departments at UCB.

Promapp was first brought to campus in March of 2017, initially it was released to VCA units and was mainly used within our Facilities departments and in our Campus Shared Services (both focusing on preparing for IT system implementations).

At the start of this FY, July 2019, we began piloting a new approach to where we work with departments on foundational process management prior to implementing Promapp. We have found that this improves the unit’s success with implementing the tool and equips them to maintain their own success. This approach, we are calling the Business Process Engine, begins with accessing the units Process Maturity, developing an end-to-end view of all processes (Process Hierarchy) and addresses process ownership and governance. From there, based on the department's governance model, we scope their training needs for Promapp and support the implementation of Promapp in the unit.

The Business Process Engine drives and supports the growth of process maturity.

This work has been going very well. It has been very well received and we are in various stages of implementation with 10 departments in this FY alone ( we are pretty small office).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi All,

Lisa Pigot here - I'm a Group Champion at RMIT. My role is to support the implementation and capture of processes within our Education portfolio with the future view of continuous improvement.

I've been working full time on this implementation with RMIT for just over 18 months. During this time we have had some great wins within our group. People are really engaged with their process mapping and keen for next steps. Previous to this role I used Promapp within the energy sector for 5 or so years when it was first implemented within that business - what can I say - I love a good process!

Looking forward to learning more from this community as its always interesting to hear challenges people face and how they have been overcome. I also enjoy learning how more of the advanced elements of promapp can support continuous improvement.

Have a fab day!

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! Danielle Hook here from Michigan State University. I am situated within the university's facilties department which is where MSU first began using Promapp.

Earlier this year we broadened our license to inclue the full university and each month we onboard individuals from more units accross campus. Our facilities department has mandated use by all busines units within it and we are now in our second org-wide process development/improvement project. As for the other units on campus, nothing has been made manditory, instead we onboard those folks and teams who are themselves driven to want to use the tool. 

My partner in Promapp here at MSU, Kelly, and I spent most of 2019 focused both inward and outward. For our internal facilities department, we reimagined the way org wide process intiatives were structured here and are currenlty piloting an improvement project aimed at streamlining and standardizing hiring/onboarding practices across all of our major business units. The main objectives of this initiative are to increase engagement and collaboration, solve some peristent challenges related to the process at hand, and deliver a robust set of process maps as a result.

For the university, we have spent a lot of time advocating for support from top leadership groups for funding and the use of the tool. We just recently completed the integration with SSO! We are working with MSU's central IT group to pass off some system admin duties and are developing a new onboarding program through central HR to hopefully one day lessen the burden on Kelly and I to train all of campus. I should add, Promapp is only a small portion of our jobs, we have other more full time responsibilities which makes most of this much more difficult. 

We have been using Promapp since sometime in 2017. We have experimented with a few different governance structures, system permissions, project plans and engagement techniques. We are always happy to share what we've learned along the way and are eager to hear how things are going for each of you.  

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet all of you! My name is Ian Mack and I work at the University of Virginia - Health, which located in Charlottesville, VA (US). I have been with the organization for about one year as an IT Security Analyst. I have also used Nintex previously as well, overseeing the project that mainly used the on-prem version with an on-prem SharePoint 2013 farm.

As an organization here at UVA, we are just scratching the surface of using Nintex. Our first project is focused on the Nintex Workflow Cloud side of things. Our goal is to take our current offline IT Risk Assessment process (ie Word documents, emails) and put it into Nintex, taking advantage of the forms, Hawkeye (for Leadership visibility regarding status), true workflow capabilities, etc. This process reaches across a few departments such as Procurement, internal point of contact, external solution vendor, and of course IT.

We will have ProMapp as well, but as of right now we haven't taken advantage of it as we are at the beginning stages and have just gotten through the Procurement/Purchasing potion. I have not used ProMapp before, so I am very interested to hear how other of you have and how it might benefit us here too!

Looking forward to talking with you all more soon. Thanks for starting this thread Wesso!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hello everyone! Kelly Feister here from Michigan State University. Like my partner in Promapp, Danielle Hook, mentioned previously we are within the facilities department at MSU (1300 employees). We began using Promapp in September 2017 and our initial efforts were very well received. We completed the Certified Trainer program and developed a montly training program to welcome new users into the system.

As we continued to spread the word about our efforts, it did not take long for us to determine we would need to expand outside of just our facilities area. In February 2019 we were able to expand our license for the rest of the univsersity. The increase in staff wanting to join in after seeing the benefits of the system has been wonderful. We reach capacity at our monthly sessions and are booking 3-4 months out. 

We are forever thankful to La Trobe University in Australia for allowing us to visit when we attended and presented at the Promapp Connect conference in 2018. Meeting with their team to learn about their governance strucutre and implementation path was amazing and so beneficial. We also have had a lot of information transfer and communication with JE Dunn and UC Berkeley.  

We are looking forward to connecting with everyone and continually learning as we move through our Promapp journey! 

0 Kudos