Solved

Update smartsheet from Nintex Bot

• 31 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’m building out actions on bots to automatically update a smartsheet.  I have a few questions on how to make this more automated. 

1. requires user to sign-on - I created a message interaction to prompt the user to sign-in.   How do others handle this?  Should I add credentials and have the users that run the bots store their own personal data and then have logic to get network username to match to know which credential to enter?
  2. finding the correct folder on smartsheet - I’m having issues getting the bot to find and select the correct folder so I’m having another message interaction to have the user select the folder.
  3. Once it’s on the correct sheet i have the bot adding a new first row then editing to add the details needed for the time savings, then clicking save and exiting.  
icon

Best answer by schristenson 31 March 2023, 20:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@schristenson Hi, can you tell us a bit more on upstream event that requires an addition to the sheet?  Want to know if it can be fully automated without a user attending to it or the automation starting point has to be attended by a user. 

Badge +1

I switched gears and made a smartsheet form and allowing activity without smartsheet log-in and can enter everything now except hitting the submit button on the form.  Getting closer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@schristenson 😁 ok, let us know if you need help targeting the submit button.

Badge +1

I got it now, I kept using the ‘by pass keyboard and mouse’ which then the form thought a person wasn’t entering the data and didn’t allow for submission.  I removed that from my actions and am able to target properly to click submit.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

That’s fantastic and glad that you are all set.