#RPATips: How can I transition into a career as an RPA developer?

• 30 August 2021
  • 0 replies

#RPADeveloper #RPA #ProcessDiscovery #ProcessAutomation #Robotics #Automated 

Are you thinking of joining the exciting world of RPA as a developer? If you’re not a fresh university graduate, don’t worry! Having the right experience and skills in your toolkit is all you need to succeed. Check out the best advice given on starting your RPA developer career from a few pros on Quora, Reddit, and Facebook: 

1) “The first step to becoming an RPA developer is to know what exactly RPA is and how it works. The second step is to gain technical knowledge on the leading tools. All of these tutorials are available online. Technically, they are simple and the more you learn. the more you can explore. Finally, the important thing is to get some practical experience. Check with your manager or HR for some hands-on experience or some RPA projects to start with. Trust me, no prior experience is required to work in RPA, as the majority of the people working in RPA are new and they have learned it on the job. Yes, you do need some basic knowledge on HTML, JavaScript and programming skills.  Practical experience is the key and learning RPA needs a lot of patience and thinking to cover a lot of scenarios which we may not expect during the development.” 

2) "As an RPA solution architect I prefer my developers to be good in .NET(C#, vb.net), basic SQL and also Python(added advantage), maybe macros at times. Anybody can drag-drop and create a basic process, but a developer with good command over programming languages can create codes and integrate with an RPA tool. I have seen developers struggling if the process requirement cannot be met with the existing activities/actions available in the RPA tool. Why not create your own piece of code and have it incorporated? Apart from this, you should also have good logical thinking capabilities to understand the requirements and have it implemented in the best possible way."

3) "I think anyone can get into RPA development with or without developer experience. Of course, the quality of their automations will be completely different. I suggest brushing up your technical skills on Microsoft, IT, and RPA tool knowledge. A basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript is also advantageous. There are other soft skills you can develop, such as: open-mindedness, creativity, and domain knowledge." 

If you’re ready to take the next step as an RPA developer, check out Kryon Academy or learn more about best practices in our recorded webinar here:

https://bit.ly/38nFPpt

0 replies

Be the first to reply!