Solved

RPA - Drag and drop problem that mouse doesn't drag text

• 20 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

The contents which I need to capture have variant rows property and it not be in HTML table form.

At first I have idea to use ‘Read from screen’ comply with variables for Field offset, but i can’t find that optional.
Then I move to use another solution as ‘Drag & Drop’ for copy text on screen into variable and put into logical process. I facing a problem while debug, the cursor mouse has properly movement to target as setting but sometime no any highlight appearance on trace as below photos.

Debug mode : Drag
Debug mode : Drop

Then I tried to optimizing variant of delay time both Before Drag and Before Drop resulting better but can’t eliminate to zero. (setting condition from 0 until to max 2,000 ms)

Do you have any suggestion or advise on this problem or another solution to capture content on flexible rows population ?

icon

Best answer by Qootaro 27 April 2023, 19:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @Qootaro ,

Can you please share the table type? 

Badge +4

@Eli_Shteinberg the type is Java or may be else that not be HTML code and I can’t use command such as ‘Get HTML table’ and ‘Get UI table’ to get data in the table.

I not sure how to get the table type from IE ? Please advise.

Badge +4

Update, I have used these 4 commands but can’t choose this table during selection step.

Badge +1

@Qootaro try to use the following approach:

Use “Get HTML object text or value” command and select a field in the first row of the table, after capturing the field click on the button shown in the below screenshot:

The choose “Don’t Match using Text”, and capture the data of the field as shown in the below screenshot:

Click “Cancel” and then capture the same field in the second row of the table and capture the same data in the same way.

Try to notice a pattern between the first row and second row (if needed capture a third row), probably you will find that there is a number incrementing in a specific pattern.

After knowing the pattern, then you can have a loop and a variable that it is incrementing in the same way as the pattern that you noticed.

In the loop you can capture the field using the “Get HTML object text or value” and replace the number that is changing with the variable, same as in the below screenshot:

You can do the same for each column in the table and end the loop if “the object is not found”.

By the way, you can apply the same method in Java and UI components.

Hope this helps

Badge +4

@TarekMostafa Thank you so much for your kindly suggestion. But it doesn’t work.
Because this online system doesn’t be in HTML coding form as below.

By the way I already found solution to solve my problem. Thank you :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Qootaro would you please share the solution you found.  It would be great to share with the community and other users.  Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@Qootaro Please share your solution with us for the benefit of other users! :)