How to restore a wizard from LWIZ file (Files in autosave folder)

• 9 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi

Since I'm working from home over a VPN, I have had a lot of issues every time the VPN goes down, like losing recent changes in wizards on Kryon Studio. I have set up the autosave option to every 5 minutes, and I have the file with extension .lwiz being created/updated every 5 minutes; however, I'm not able to use these files to restore anything on Kryon Studio. My questions are:

- What is the purpose of those files (.lwiz)

- If they are for back up, what is the procedure to restore a wizard using those files?

2 replies

Hi,

LWIZ files are local wizard files and these are copies of a specific wizards saved onto your computer, not the application server. Autosave will save them to the folder specified in the Options panel which is by default at C:UsersDocumentsKryonAuto save where is your Windows user name. But you can also click the "Open backup folder" link to go straight to it.

To restore LWIZ files make sure you have have a wizard open in the editor. On the top left of the screen, go to Wizard > Open Local File. Select your LWIZ file and open it. When the LWIZ is loaded it will overwrite all steps in the editor window with those saved so be sure you want to do a restore.

Regards,

Darren

​Hi Darren

Thanks for the answer.

Daniel