Solved

Help creating a cron expression

• 23 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi!

I am playing about with custom time triggers, and I have read the "A Guide to Cron Expressions” webpage linked in both the console and nintex help pages. I have created a cron expression, but I keep getting nothing in the schedule... any tips on where I have gone wrong? I want the bot to run every 15 minutes between 2am to 4am every day.. pics of expression and then empty schedule below...
When I use a cron expression editor to double check it says I am using special characters that may not be recognised by everything, but I thought I had followed the linked guide - it’s not working though..

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by gobitz 23 October 2023, 10:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Lauren_R,

If I got your need right, try to use that: 0/15 2-4 ? * * *

Let me know if it helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hey Lauren

How are you?

I found this online:

0 15-0 2-4 ? * * *

https://www.freeformatter.com/cron-expression-generator-quartz.html

Have a nice day

M.

Badge +6

Thanks so much @Eli_Shteinberg and @gobitz ! I really appreciate the quick response :) 

Using the freeformatter this expression seems to do the trick for my requirements: 0 0/15 2-3 ? * * *

so a combination of both answers!

Using that expression gives me the following schedule which is exactly what I wanted (bearing in mind I have this set to PST and I am viewing the console in AEDT time which is why schedule is showing 8pm my time not 2am pacific).