"get excel range" doesn't appear in advanced command list.

• 23 October 2019
  • 6 replies

"get excel range" doesn't appear in advanced command list but others excel commands are there. do you know how to fix this?

6 replies

Hi!

Starting from version 19.1 of Kryon Studio, the Get Excel Range value command's name was changed to Copy from Excel. Other commands' names were changed as well, for example. what used to be called Set Excel Range Value is now Paste to Excel. They have the same functionality and if you had wizards in which you used the old commands, they will still be there with a new name. The new commands are more straightforward and easier to use.

Hope this helps, good luck!?

thanks @Nitzan Koren​ . i got that. another question is how can i split all columns into variables in a convenience way. the split command only allow 2

You can add the split in a loop and split all items until the variable is empty. You can also use the Get Array Table command, which might be better in this case.

a little difference with other tools but it works

thanks 🙂

It would be nice if you can define or model a data collection where you can store the entire excel just other RPA tools

Hi Avytanon,

What i understood is like other RPA tool, e.g. Uipath saves collection of rows and columns as data table variable. So you can iterate through each row using for each row loop.

Similarly here you can use copy from excel AC and can store whole excel sheet data in one variable, in attached image you can see the variable Var_MyDT and also can test it there it self on AC. Next use loop table to iterate through each row.

I hope i am able to answer your query.