Question

Unable to delete person variable from workflow

• 20 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have some People type variables that I no longer need in my Workflow.  It won’t let me delete them because it says they are used in the Workflow Initiation.  I did have default values for the variables so thought that was the problem.  I removed the defaults, but still can’t delete the variables.  I guess they’re not really hurting anything being there, but they are not needed.  Any ideas how to delete them?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @llitton 

If your variables are not use in any components, you should be able to delete them. Nintex Workflow will prevent you from removing variables which are in used.

If your workflow is not large say below 50-80 actions, you could step through your code and look for those variables. Perhaps you overlooked those variables as you may have used them in a Log to History or the body of an Email. 

Anyway, there is no harm in just leaving those variable (from being removed)

SUMMARY: To delete them - you have to go through your codes to find where those variables are being used and remove the variables from the actions first. Once the variables are not used in any action, you can remove the variables