Nintex Form: Append Changes to Existing Text not displaying after migration

• 22 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I'm preparing for migration of an SharePoint list from on-premises to SharePoint 365.  The list currently has a multiline text field with "append changes to existing text" selected, which captures notes from multiple users, and shows the user, timestamp, and note history for each item.

Post migration, only the notes added with the latest update are visible in the form.  If the latest update didn't include a note in this field, then no notes are visible.

In searching this forum, I see several threads discussing complex workarounds, after saying that there's no out-of-the box solution.  I'm confused by this since the current on-premises Nintex form is working correctly and has this functionality. 

If I were designing a new list, I would avoid using this functionality, but I'm migrating an existing list and need to retain existing notes, users, timestamps.

Does Nintex plan to put this functionality back in an upcoming version?  If not, what's a reasonable workaround for retaining existing data?

2 replies

Badge +4

Nintex has not implemented this feature.  Even though this is a base SharePoint feature, and even though it is working in Nintex Forms for On Prem, Nintex never put it in scope for Nintex Forms for SharePoint Online.

Here's the page to "vote" for this "enhancement".  It was reported in 2014, and in 2021 there is still no plan to implement this.  Support lists with versioning turned on and where "Append Changes to Existing Text" is set to "Yes." – Customer Feedback for Nintex (uservoice.com)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Below is the updated link to vote for this idea:

Append changes to text on SharePoint Online with Nintex | Nintex Ideas