Skip to main content

What does "Resume this workflow" on suspended workflows do exactly?

Does it retry the action the workflow was suspended on?
Does it restart the whole workflow?

Does it skip the action that suspended the workflow and continue on the next action?

Or even something else?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Philipp

Hi Phillipp,

Good question - if you manually suspended the workflow, it will resume it where it left off. If it suspended due to an error, then it will have the workflow retry the operation that failed and caused the error.

This may work in some instances, say you forgot to give a user access to a library, and so the workflow failed because it couldn't locate a document, you go and give the user permission to the library, if you resume it should successfully complete that action.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Callum

Hey Callum,

that does help indeed! Thanks alot for this quick response.

Is there any official documentation about this behaviour? A customer asked for this and I would love to give them some official document about this.

Thanks

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Good question - It's not really a Nintex behaviour so much as a SharePoint Workflow one, so I will see what I can find regarding it. I don't believe we provide anything ourselves.

Callum

I've got a weird permission issue going on and I'm curious if  resuming the workflow still runs under the workflow initiator credentials if an admin clicks resume.