Skip to main content
Solved

SharePoint Calculated field column not seen in Nintex Form pointing to same SharePoint columns ???

• 2 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ve added a calculated field column onto a SharePoint list to take in / add three other currency columns and show their sum in the new SharePoint calculated column I’m calling ‘Budget-ActivityIncome-CALCTotal’. The column formula is here below.  Here’s where it gets interesting.  I can’t see when on the Nintex form  on the SharePoint left hand menu that calculated field to present the sum onto the form.  Why?  I expected to see that column ‘Budget-ActivityIncome-CALCTotal’ as an option to put onto the form but do not.  Why?

Here are what options do present on Nintex to add elements to the form, but it doesn’t include the option to add the calculated column ( Budget-ActivityIncome-CALCTotal )  that I want to present the total of those three different fields/colums. I expected to see the calculated column here on this list. But its not here, and I looked up/down not there.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @LandsEnd,

This is a great question.
The calculated data type column is not compatible with Nintex forms.
That said, if you look at the SharePoint designer's New Form, you will not see this column type either.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ok, Thanks for that. Question answered. I’ll start another string to ask the obvious, in my Nintex workflow that engages when the form is submitted I now see the option ‘Calculate a value’.  Appears though to only be able to add only two values period.  Then appears that sum has to be put into variable that is then introduced into another 'Calculate a value’ to be added to and then on and on.  Many steps, really.  Is there a way in the workflow to add many number fields in one step ?  Again, thanks for the help! Much appreciated.