Solved

Retirement of Nintex Forms for Office 365

Badge

With the latest news on the retirement of Nintex workflow for Office 365, I wanted to check if the Nintex Forms for Office 365 is going to be impacted in any way.

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 9 May 2023, 06:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

HI,

The retirement of Nintex Workflow for O365 has come about because Nintex uses Microsofts 2013 workflow manager to run workflows.  As Microsoft is deprecating this feature the workflow product will no longer work. The new Nintex Workflow app uses Nintex Automation Cloud to run workflows for SharePoint online.

As Nintex forms for O365 does not use Microsofts workflow engine the product will not be affected. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Some additional info:
Nintex Forms for Office 365 does not use the 2013 workflow engine, so the retirement of the SharePoint 2013 workflow engine has no effect on this product. Separately, Microsoft has indicated they will deprecate the original SharePoint app model (announcement date TBD) we used to build this app and will replace it with a new integration mechanism known as SharePoint Framework (SPFx).
We will be releasing the new SPFx app for Nintex Forms in May, well ahead of any retirement date that Microsoft may announce. Customers will need to update their environments with the new app, but all functionality will continue as-is.
More information on this change will be shared as we get closer to the release date.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Some additional info:
Nintex Forms for Office 365 does not use the 2013 workflow engine, so the retirement of the SharePoint 2013 workflow engine has no effect on this product. Separately, Microsoft has indicated they will deprecate the original SharePoint app model (announcement date TBD) we used to build this app and will replace it with a new integration mechanism known as SharePoint Framework (SPFx).
We will be releasing the new SPFx app for Nintex Forms in May, well ahead of any retirement date that Microsoft may announce. Customers will need to update their environments with the new app, but all functionality will continue as-is.
More information on this change will be shared as we get closer to the release date.

Is the new spfx app for forms still projected for May 2024?

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello, can someone please clarify the Nintex Forms for Office 365 application available in the SharePoint Store for SharePoint Online? 

I have noticed recently that we no longer have to add Nintex Forms for Office 365 in classic experience. Does this mean it’s being downloaded now from the new SPFx app model? 

Ironically enough, I can’t tell. Classic and responsive is still showing as options, even when downloading from new experience. Because of this, I can’t distinguish between the different models. How can we tell which one is on our site and do we need to just uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version in new experience? 

Will the forms automatically be there, or do they need to be exported from old version and imported back in on new version? 

Any feedback on this would be helpful. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Update: So I went back in just now to look and now I see that you have to switch to classic to download the app. I guess disregard above. I think I’m losing my mind.