Solved

Nintex Forms Issue

Badge +6

Hi everyone,

Big problem with my form at the moment. Everything has been working fine all day using the form to log jobs. Nothing has changed with the form itself or any of the code that goes into the form.

All of a sudden JavaScript wont work on the form, and labels with item properties show {Item Property} instead of displaying a blank field as they normally would.

I get the below errors in F12,

DEBUG MODE:

"<script> NWF$(document).ready(function() { CalculationFunctions.push({ Name: fnc78b19d3356e4c988e8d90bed46c780a, Control: '', Result: 'c78b19d3-356e-4c98-8e8d-90bed46c780a'}); }); </script>

<script type="text/javascript">"

and

error.jpg

I have imported an earlier version of the form (normally works when I've been adding JS and something's gone wrong) but now I keep on getting these problems. Nothing changed on my form at all, does anyone have any idea what is going on?

The form is rather big and has taken a long time to put together. I hope someone can advise me why the form has 'broken itself'.

Regards,

Andrew

icon

Best answer by andrew_valentin 8 May 2015, 12:13

View original

6 replies

Badge +6

There is no custom code in my form what so ever now, still this error in F12 keeps showing up:

<script> NWF$(document).ready(function() { CalculationFunctions.push({ Name: fnc78b19d3356e4c988e8d90bed46c780a, Control: '', Result: 'c78b19d3-356e-4c98-8e8d-90bed46c780a'}); });

X 'fnc78b19d3356e4c988e8d90bed46c780a' IS UNDEFINED

</script>

I have no idea how to fix this now. Nintex forms O365.

Andrew

Badge +6

UPDATE:

I have tried:

- Deleting Form

- Resetting Form

- Importing previously working versions (I often export my forms in case something goes wrong)

- Removed all custom code

Affected Actions:

- NEW ITEM - when the form loads in this instance fields show and save as the text {current time} rather than 17:30 for example. Earlier today current time was shown as a time and all worked well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have removed a number of calculated columns as seen in another post of a similar nature.

The individual in the other post had different error messages and different form behaviour (his just showed a white screen and didn't show the form at all in edit mode).

Due to this i created this new question, however after following similar advice from the other post (removing calculated fields from my form) it kicked into gear again and {current time} showed me 19:03 when the form loaded.

I do not know if this is a complete fix as I do not wish to be working on this all night, so will get back to you all on that one. MY concern now is we have KPI targets and as guidance of that KPI target I have an "Instruct by" calculated field (not in the list, just on the form). If the job is logged before 3pm on any given day then the calculated column returns a value of today's date and a time of 18:00. Any jobs logged after 3pm need to be out before 10am the next day and the calculated column reflects this. My formula can be seen as follows:

"If(dateDiffMinutes(subString(formatDate(DateOfCall, "dd/MM/yyyy"), 0, 10), DateOfCall)<900, subString(formatDate(DateOfCall, "dd/MM/yyyy"), 0, 10)+" 18:00", subString(formatDate(dateAddDays(convertToDate(subString(formatDate(DateOfCall, "dd/MM/yyyy"), 0, 10) ), 1) , "dd/MM/yyyy"),0,10)+" 10:00am")"

Has anyone else had these problems? It would be great if you could share your solutions too.

For anyone who has a good idea about this:

- Why would my form suddenly 'stop' working when it has been working fine, populating these calculated fields numerous times before now?

- If indeed the form is fixed once these calculated fields are removed from the form, then what is it I am doing wrong with them? They must have some use because they're listed in the controls to choose from in the form builder.

- How am I now going to generate a KPI date as above and display it on the form?

If I find any answers myself I will update once again. Hopefully the community here can contribute also.

Regards,

Andrew

Badge +6

i know it seems like I'm having a conversation with myself here but I'm

a big believer in documenting everything to help me and maybe others too.

Nintex edit form is showing empty you can find the other similar post here:

Badge +1

Have you considered that it may not be a Nintex issue, but rather a compatibility issue with the Java, OS, or browser version you are running - were there any updates lately?

Badge +6

Hi Laura,

Thought about different things. I've had JavaScript issues before where i've "killed the form" with code, that's why I always took exports of my form to revert back to a previous working version. Seemed the easiest way. All code has since been removed.

The OS is Windows 7 on office computers and windows 8 on my laptop at home, same issues, multiple users.

The browser at the office is IE, at home Firefox had the same problems. That was the first thing i tried, different computers/users/OS/browsers, all the same. No updates recorded lately with any SW.

These are OS and browsers we've been using all week and everything has worked. There has been no additions/changes to the form today at all and up until 3pm it all worked.

The previous post I made with the link to the 'similar issue' advises to change the formula code. I'm tempted to think that could be correct as removing the calculated fields from the form (as suggested to someone else) has allowed it to work again, but I know the formulas were working earlier on without an issue so don't understand why the form wont work at all with them in now.

The truth is I can't see anything at all that's changed. Office equipment/SW remains the same, my home laptop remains the same, the form remains the same, everything I can see is exactly the same as it was yesterday/day before/day before that. I was checking to see if any Nintex updates occurred because that would be one of the changes I wouldn't be able to see straight away. I couldn't find any news on that either.

I really don't know whats happened, but seemingly it is not an issue isolated to me and my Nintex form, it's happened to others.

Andrew

Badge +6

Hi everyone,

Thank you all who replied to the post, it is very much appreciated. The steps you have advised on doing were things I hadn't tried at the time so they've been worth a shot.

I tried the "resetting the forms app" process suggested by Charles Kuhlman and it unfortunately did not work this time. I also removed every single rule on every field/panel/label as suggested by Jeremy Jaya Raj and the issue was unfortunately still there.

UPDATE- - -

I have since realised that there was one change to the list the form is linked to. My "DateOfCall" column was changed in list settings to have a default value of "todays date" (other than that all formats//names/etc were all the same). This means that the calculated column would have to perform its calculation straight away when logging a new item, because the field included in the formula (of the calculated column) obtained its own value straight away. This is what was killing the form for some reason.

Quite difficult to explain, but In the past, the calculated column would look at the 'DateOfCall' field and say:

"there's nothing in there at the moment so i'll check again later and do my calculation after the form is saved."

This worked no problem and you could see the calculation had worked in EDIT/VIEW mode.

Since giving "DateOfCall" a default value the calculated column would look at "DateOfCall" and say:

"Nope" - then we had the errors, {current time} instead of "12:30" {current user} instead of "Mike" etc.

I made one change - removed the default value from 'DateOfCall' column in list settings - now I can still have my calculated column and my formula, I just cant have a default value on 'DateOfCall' this will have to be filled in manually. I would rather it be this way then be without my calculations. Just working around it for now.

Andrew