Solved

How to show all data in list view en sharepoint 365, simple method to apply, please, when these are created by repeat section button in nintex form 2013???

Badge +8

Hi,

The enterprise where I work, several mouths ago adquired Nintex Form 2013, but we have a problem with create a invoice form to add several lines using "repeating section" option in nintex form, how to show all data in list view en sharepoint 365, simple method to apply, please, when these are created by repeat section button in nintex form 2013???

icon

Best answer by xMikeX 29 April 2016, 16:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Repeating section data is stored in XML format in a property called Form Data.   For example, if you were to Connect your repeating section to a column of type multi-line text in your backing list you would see its output (set the column to plain text).    In order to create individual line items from this data you need to parse the XML within your workflow using the Query XML action, storing the results into collection variables and then looping them with a For Each to create the individual line items.  Here is a post by Eric Harris​ that will lead you through the details of getting this accomplished.

Thanks

Mike

Badge +8

Hi,

Thanks, but I dont know create a customized column "Nintex repeating section data" in nintex form, how to showed in example.

3.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The example I'm talking about connects the Repeating section to multiple lines of text field set to plain text.  The xml will appear there for parsing. 

What version of Forms are you using?   Are you on-prem or O365?

Badge +8

I have Nintex Forms for Office 365 App Version: NFO 1.2.3.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

OK thanks.   Are you still having trouble figuring out how to go about this?

Badge +8

Hi,

Well..., only I have a little problem, I created a item in the list view in sharepoint and created a XML line view, but I need transform this line a sepated lines.

I see the example of Eric Harris, but I dont understand how to create a customized column "Nintex repeating section data" and how to transform XML text a separated lines in view list in SharePoint.

Thanks.

See the example:

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

You don't need to create a customized column.   What you'll want to do is parse the XML contained in your "Datos" column using the Query XML action.  You will then loop through the collections and create new items in another list to break them out into line items.  Does that make sense?   Basically you will have two lists.  This one that you are showing, and another to store the individual items you create from the repeating seciton.

-Mike

Badge +8

Basically I need this for example.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks for the screens, they helped me understand exactly what you want to do.  

To pull this off you will have to do what I noted earlier: 
1) Obtain the XML by storing it into a list column (I think this makes it easier than dealing with Form Data directly).

2) Query the XML inside of your workflow by using XPath to store the results into collection variables.

3) Loop through the collection variables and apply HTML formatting.

4) Update the column in your list to display the html results.

If you are brand new to Nintex or XML/Xpath concepts, looping, etc.. then it will probably take a bit to wrap your head around what I'm describing here, as these are more advanced topics as compared to some of the out of the box features of the product.

Here is a great post that contains links to all the concepts that you will need to understand and in more detail than I described above:

Formatting Results to an Email

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +8

Hi,

Thanks you,

Do you have a any example about this issue, how to config a simple Query XML in workflow for show a data table in colum list?.

My workflow is very light, but I need that (data column) display how to simple table.

Thanks you again.

FMS.