Solved

Task Management & Collaboration

• 3 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

How do we go about achieving the following: 

Task needs to be sent to 3 individuals, however they want two other roles cc’d in on the task for awareness and so they can reply all to the task received for the email. 

We are stuck with this business requirements due to system restrictions: 

1. CC and BCC fields are not available in NAC on the assign a task to multiple users action, but they were in Nintex Workflow for Office 365! 
  2. Sending a separate email to achieve this would result in the first 3 individuals (task assignees) receiving two emails. Not ideal. 
  3. There is no option to disable the email that goes out with the task in NAC, which would resolve the problem somewhat. 

What can we do in the interim to achieve this business requirement?

Note: This issue has been ongoing since we were advised to migrate our workflows NAC from Nintex Workflow for Office 365 and Nintex has been made aware of the missing functionality (item #1 - no cc or bcc capabilities).

This feature was on the roadmap then removed from the roadmap which is a bit frustrating, as more of our customers are beginning to complain and when this happens we have to pivot to Power Automate since they have the ability to disable notifications with their “start and wait for an approvals” action. We’d also like to know if item #1 will be added back to the roadmap or, at minimum, the ability for item #3 to be introduced (disabling of notification)!? 

See Add a CC email to the Assign a Task action | Nintex Ideas for further details.

icon

Best answer by brandiwoodson 5 February 2024, 14:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Brandi,

Task collaboration is something we are working on at the moment, I know that CC and BCC is something as part of that discussion and I will try find out more for you.

You can invalidate task emails by placing an empty variable in the message body on its own and removing the footer text if its there. (this works as the email its-self will must have a body but it wont as the variable is empty)

Jake

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi Brandi,

Task collaboration is something we are working on at the moment, I know that CC and BCC is something as part of that discussion and I will try find out more for you.

You can invalidate task emails by placing an empty variable in the message body on its own and removing the footer text if its there. (this works as the email its-self will must have a body but it wont as the variable is empty)

Jake

Thanks.

The three individuals still need to action the task so will need to be assigned the task. So my goal is to assign the task to them without the "task" email and in a parallel action send an email to them + 2 individuals with the task form link in the body of the email resulting in 3 of 5 individuals actually being able to action the task through the link. 

Are you saying a blank empty text variable will result in the task being assigned still to task asignees but no email going out?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Ok so the empty variable worked, however I can’t pass the form URL (even with a pause action before the email is sent). How do I fetch the form URL for the task in my parallel? I need the form URL listed in the send an email action (to the left branch shown below)

I can’t use get a task, cause you have to have the task ID if using a variable. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I think this post I made that you replied to before (yes I agree with your statement) explains how to handle this scenario also.

In this post I explain how to interrupt the emails and replace them with much better buttons for express approval, but instead of rendering buttons you can stop at the point where you get the task information and send the email to whom you need.

Hope this helps

Jake

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I think this post I made that you replied to before (yes I agree with your statement) explains how to handle this scenario also.

In this post I explain how to interrupt the emails and replace them with much better buttons for express approval, but instead of rendering buttons you can stop at the point where you get the task information and send the email to whom you need.

Hope this helps

Jake

Let me try this, totally forgot about this post, thanks!