Solved

How to auto-populate / prefill a Nintex Workflow Cloud forms people picker?

• 2 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hey!

I’m currently trying to auto-poplulate a people picker in a nintex workflow cloud form. I have a first form where you can enter contacts inside a people picker and would like to use them, also in a people picker, in a later sent task in the workflow.

But I can’t figure out how to pre-populate the people picker field with the people from the former people picker form. I tried to use the emails from the collection and enter them as the default value, but that didn’t work.

Does anyone already tried this and found a solution?

Any advice?

Kind regards!

Tim

icon

Best answer by brandiwoodson 2 October 2023, 12:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hey!

I’m currently trying to auto-poplulate a people picker in a nintex workflow cloud form. I have a first form where you can enter contacts inside a people picker and would like to use them, also in a people picker, in a later sent task in the workflow.

But I can’t figure out how to pre-populate the people picker field with the people from the former people picker form. I tried to use the emails from the collection and enter them as the default value, but that didn’t work.

Does anyone already tried this and found a solution?

Any advice?

Kind regards!

Tim

Last update I got was that it only allows single email addresses at the moment.... they opened this feature up a couple months ago. They were working on updating it to accept a string of emails for default or setting the value in rules. Not sure the status on thi enhancement though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@tiwookie  as for a workaround..... you will have to display people on your task in a text field as a string or something or on a label like we did before this was a feature. If they don't need to edit the info on the task that should get you by for now. Until they resolve the issue.

Badge +2

@brandiwoodson Wow, thanks for your fast and helpful reply! It is a pity that this does not yet work out of the box, but in my case the workaround will help here. Thanks again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello everyone, here's the correct way to populate a default value for multiple people in a people picker from the Start Form to the Task Form. The main action is to use ‘convertToString’ function when you insert the values. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello everyone, here's the correct way to populate a default value for multiple people in a people picker from the Start Form to the Task Form. The main action is to use ‘convertToString’ function when you insert the values. 

Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thanks for sharing.

Chintan, this only works for start forms, what about building strings and passing them into this control? I thought that was being worked on as well? I can’t pass a collection of email addresses coming from SharePoint to this control, why not? I should be able to pass “test@test.com,test1@test.com”. It’s not working.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thanks for sharing.

Chintan, this only works for start forms, what about building strings and passing them into this control? I thought that was being worked on as well? I can’t pass a collection of email addresses coming from SharePoint to this control, why not? I should be able to pass “test@test.com,test1@test.com”. It’s not working.

Ok here is the issue, it only works if it matches case, that is an issue. test1@test.com is not recognized if our directory or sharepoint has it as Test1@test.com because it’s case sensitive. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Can someone please update this to NOT be case sensitive for default value? Can it just verify that it is valid in entra IF the email entered exists regardless of case - like ignore the casing for emails? Right now, we can’t use this in some instances or we have to jump through several string actions to get it to work for MULTIPLE. 

If my output is test@emaildomain.com,test1@emaildomain.com but MS Entra is Test@EmailDomain.com,Test1@EmailDomain.com the system cannot recognize it because of the proper casing….which causes too much work on a Designer to get it resolved, if they can at all. Too many variables to even convert a certain way, since our team does NOT control how accounts are created in MS Entra.