Skip to main content

Hello! 

I’m working on a workflow in Nintex Automation Cloud that manages two calendars: one for the "Start Date" and another for the "End Date." The platform is configured to the Colombia time zone (GMT-5), but it’s used by people in various countries.

I’ve identified an issue related to time zone differences. For example, an employee in Europe requests the dates of November 4 and 5, but when the request is processed in the workflow, the dates show up as November 5 and 6.

Upon reviewing the workflow, I found that the dates are currently formatted using UTC+12:00 (Asia/Kamchatka). This could be causing the date shift when handling requests from different time zones.

Question:

1. Which UTC time zone should I use in the workflow to avoid this kind of error when users from different regions submit dates?
  2. Are there best practices or alternatives for handling time zone differences effectively in workflows that cater to a global user base, ensuring that submitted dates remain consistent regardless of the user’s location?

Thank you 😁

Hi everyone,

To provide a bit more context, when an employee enters start and end dates, the data we receive sometimes doesn't align with what's been entered. This discrepancy affects our calculation of the days taken by the employee, including conditions related to weekends and holidays.

If anyone has any ideas on how we could solve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Employee Form 

Instance Details

@Yhaizley RV - have you tried to convert the Start Date and End Date values to UTC (i.e. time-zone neutral) before writing it to SharePoint? I would start by trying to do the conversion in the submit form as a form variable, but if that is not possible, I do the conversion inside the workflow itself.

Hello! Thank you for your response.

I’ll try submitting it from the form first, but I’m not entirely sure how to do it.

When using the format date function in the workflow, it doesn't seem to work.